Back to Living in Kanoya Guidebook   
      Procedures for Immigration Office
◆Application for extension of stay and change of status, etc.
Extensions of stay and change of status are handled at the Immigration Office. In order to extend your stay, you must apply about one month prior to the expiration date of your current one.

◆Re-entry permits (sainyukoku kyoka-sho)
When you intend ot travel outside of Japan and return after a certain period of time, you must obtain a re-entry permit.
There are two kinds of re-entry permits available:
1) single (¥3,000 handling charge)
2) multiple - valid for one year (¥6,000 handling charge)

Re-entry permits are obtained at the Immigration Office. Payments are made with revenue stamps only (shunyu inshi).
Apply at Kagoshima Immigration Office: (TEL: 099-222-5658)

  Back to Living in Kanoya Guidebook   

Civic Activity Promotion Division, Kanoya City Hall
20-1 Kyoei-cho Kanoya City, Kagoshima Prefecture JAPAN 893-8501
TEL : 0994-43-2111 (Ext. 3594) FAX : 0994-40-3003
Skype : kiea1997
Copyright 2007KIEA All Rights Reserved.